WHAT EXPERIENCE IS BEHIND SEIZE YOUR DAY VIRTUAL ASSISTANTS?
Susan’s work career started at 18, as a junior legal secretary to Gavin Solomon, Solicitor, in the prestigious MLC Centre, Sydney. The ad for the job was short and to the point. In it were the words “must have a brain”. That was the ’80s!
‘I worked 16 years for the firm that grew from 2 partners to 35 before a merger with Gadens. As a side-business, I was running a virtual medico-legal transcription service from my home office to help our family manage financially during our 3 daughters’ infant years. The professionalism, reliability, accuracy and speed that was required in those roles are 4 strengths I’ve applied to business ever since.’
In 1999 Susan with husband, Tom, decided it was time to raise their 3 girls some place beautiful. They packed up their life and drove to iconic Noosa. One of the best decisions they have ever made!
Susan’s experience as a business owner stepped up a notch with the relocation from Sydney to Noosa. She was still running the busy virtual medico-legal transcription service for Sydney medical specialists. Her plan was to keep working from home, given the sea-change was still fresh.
In 2001 Susan launched a second home-based business, a nursing agency, to supply nurses and care workers to Sunshine Coast hospitals, nursing homes and community care organisations around the clock. She took that business, RNS Nursing, from being manageable at the dining room table, flying solo, with insane business hours of 5am to 11pm, yet no message bank, 7 days a week, to become an award-winning nursing agency servicing all of Queensland and beyond.
‘What I learnt over all my years as a legal secretary, a people manager of the law firm, owner of the virtual medico-legal transcription service, as CEO of RNS Nursing for 17 years, and a Professional Coach, has helped me shape the vision and the dream team at Seize Your Day, so my clients can give themselves time, space and the clarity to make the good big things happen in their business or professional practice.’
Susan is also actively involved as ‘the office’ of Tom’s growing horticultural service, Earth Garden Work, and coaches women from all over Australia and New Zealand, in both their personal and professional life, as Susan Dunlop Coaching.
CREDENTIALS & AWARD RECOGNITION
MEMBERSHIP & CERTIFICATION
- Graduate member of the Australian Institute of Company Directors: I have experience and knowledge of the obligations and duties of a company director, so I can support you in that respect.
- Certified Professional Coach ICF NLP
- Certified Hypnotherapist American Board of Hypnotherapy
- Member of the International Coaching Federation.
- Member of Women on Boards, Noosa Chamber of Commerce, Sunshine Coast Business Women’s Network, Business Chicks and more.
In my years of owning a business I have accepted nominations for a number of awards. The results speak for themselves:
- Awarded Corporate Business Woman of the Year by the Sunshine Coast Business Womens’ Network.
- Awarded Sunshine Coast Excellence in Business Awards – Professional Service Category and the Lifestyle & Wellbeing Category.
- Finalist for Telstra’s Queensland Business Woman of the Year Award in the Nokia Innovation Category.
- Finalist also in Telstra’s Queensland Business Awards – one of five companies in the Panasonic Australia Medium Business Category, and before that, Finalist in the Small Business category.
- Business Member Women Initiating New Directions Organisation (WINDO) Inc.
- Volunteer Shero with Share the Dignity
- Volunteer One Billion Rising Noosa
- Supporter of Fred Hollows Foundation in 2019 through our taking the 30km trek challenge and fundraising activity with Coastrek, Sunshine Coast